Monday, March 29, 2004

So that was the weekend was it....?

Played golf on Saturday, and went round in 96 - that's good for me. My main golf mate - The King went round in 94. Beat me on the last fucking hole again! Why can't I play like that on the Corporate days? The pub was good again, it gets better each week. I am away this weekend in Devon or Cornwall (depends on the map as to where the place is - lets just agree that it is in DevWall). One of my friends - Mr Chelsea - was in fine argumentative form on Friday. His wife, Mrs Chelsea sometimes looks on us both a little bemused, because we do actually support the same team, but we disagree on just about everything to do with the club. I think Ranieri should go because I don't think he is the man for the future, Mr Chelsea thinks he's the best thing since.......well Luca Vialli I guess, although for those who don't know, he is also the only thing since Luca Vialli! Poor Mrs Chelsea seems to be stuck in this role of referee between us, I'm sure she doesn't mind but like I say I just get this impression that she'd like to bang our heads together like a couple of naughty schoolboys. Hmmm....as Mr Chelsea is a member of the GOGB it might just be possible that we are just fulfilling our roles as miserable old sods (MOS) - an organization that I might just form, which is open to both genders. There are honorary members of the GOGB who are women, but "honorary" is the best they can achieve, unless they undergo an operation to add some vital bits.

We beat Wolves on Saturday - good, Wolves are one of the most arrogant of clubs. They have been harping on about being " a big club" for 20 odd years, whilst languishing in the lower divisions. Well, they have certainly discovered what it's like being at the top table this year, and when they are inevitably relegated perhaps the fans can spend a year learning some humility in preparation for any future promotions. Yes, I know humility is sounding a bit rich from a Chelsea fan, but I've been with them for 30 years, through mainly thin, sometimes thinner, with just a soupcon of good times. Maybe it's time we did shout our Chelsea flash boy mouth off, after all Glory Hunters and Gooners have been doing it long enough.

The Grand Master and Raptor stayed and went. They had a good time, and I was on sparkling form on Saturday night, even if I do say so myself. LittleSis also joined us and I can genuinely say it was a very good and genial time. Thanks to the black stuff, and some chilled Cotes du Rhone I passed out, contented and smiling, after the footie :-)

The week before a break is always painfully long and this one is no exception. I will use the break to play golf, and switch my mind off. Truly to relax.

Later, Jack the Grocer

No comments: