Tuesday, March 09, 2004

New Life?

`Aaah....lunchtime. Today was almost exciting, in that 2 people actually called me , but only one was work related. I also had a meeting which went on for 90 minutes, but I starngely don't remeber much about it! Three weeks ago, my job meant nothing but back to back meetings, arse kickings, constant phone calls and 200 emails a day. Now.......2 phone calls, 1 meeting per week, and 20 emails a day. A big change, and someone likened it to coming off drugs. When you're an "operational" manager it is nothing but stress all day long and you kind of get used to being pilloried from all directions. This new "quietness" is very strange, not like the old life at all. I do believe very strongly in fate and maybe this is all part of the design for my life.

So tonight my team (Chelsea) plays in the Champions League against VfB Stuttgart. We are 1-0 up from the first leg, but I've supported them for over 30 years now (gulp) and I think we have a talent for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory like nobody else. I won't watch the game, or wear any of my Chelsea shirts during the game, because I firmly, but undoubtedly and unjustifiably, believe that I am the kiss of death upon the team. So, whilst my heroes(sic) are playing their £40k per week hearts out, I shall be locked in the spare room, reading Philosophy texts, trying to work out how to cobble together the next excuse for an OU assignment (arguments about religious persecution and the nature of belief). All the time pretending to ignore the score from Stamford Bridge, but surrepticiously checking the internet all the time. It's as if my direct act of observation or support acts like a hex on the team, but if I sneak a look at the score then the powers that be won't notice and therefore will not cast their evil spell upon the team. How bloody childish and stupid is that? To reduce a game of skill and passion to whether or not "God" or whoever notices my overt tokens of support! Maybe it's a bloke thing.....

Just a quickie then, as promised - Iraq War bullet point view - fully justified on the reason for regime change alone. I do mind being lied to by the UK government about WMD, but the right result was achieved. If we as a society, and I mean the "west" ignore twats like Hussein then we have learnt fuck all from WWII. But, those patronising bastards like Blair and Bush should be thrown out at the next elections. I would much rather had someone who had the bollocks to stand up and just say "Saddam is a wanker, and we don't like him, so we're gonna turf him and his cowardly arse licking supporters and cronies out on their arse" ..........yeah that would have worked for me. It might have upset the chattering classes and bleeding hearts, and given the Daily Fascist another excuse to dig at Labour but I think most sensible people would like that level of honesty. I may elaborate in the future.......

Apparently because this is a free blog I can't put any pics up, but links are OK, so slowly but surely I am learning this stuff. If anyone has any useful info on blogging (how to's, where to's etc ) then email me - you never know I might even reply.

No comments: