Wednesday, March 31, 2004

On and on and on...

Chicken Gooner thinks I'm pissed off and down because of my last post. Nah, not really, there is a difference between that and bored, and I'm just bored.

My company car has to go back because of the change of role. Not a problem because it costs me over £330 per month in tax and personal contribution anyway. So I've been looking for a new car for DC. She drives our other car, which is quite a big motor about the size of a 5-series. So she said, why don't I drive Goldie (the other car) and get her a smaller motor for running the kids around, but one that is capable of handling the odd motorway run. So we tested a Seat leon (fast, but a bit basic inside). DC fancied the Peugeot 307, so we tried to get one for a test drive. Apparently though, there is a huge Peugeot eating monster on the loose, because they couldn't supply us with one - no matter what engine or model, the 307 does not exist in the UK for a test drive. So, I looked over one in the local dealer (nope they didn't have a test drive model) and liked it enough to ring the dealer I am going to use. "Great" said he "shouldn't be an issue" . Today he called apparently there isn't a Peugeot 307 in the country available in any of the 5 (yes 5) colours we gave him. Apparently Peugeot are about to change the engine availability on the 307 diesels (for that is what I wanted, yes I am a tight bastard) and so he can't order it for me or give me a delivery date. You see, there's either a Peugeot eating monster out there, or it's a personal conspiracy against me!

Peugeot, you are about as much good as a chocolate teapot when it comes to Customer Service, and therefore I assume if you can't look after potential customers, and get that basic bit right, then your cars are rubbish as well.

I am going to order a Vauxhall Meriva instead, so if you know anything about them, then drop me a mail or a comment.

Later, Jack the Grocer



No comments: