Tuesday, March 23, 2004

A quickie...

to test a profile change so that my anonymous email shows on each entry.....like I said I'm still learning this stuff. Anyway, it was almost exciting at work this afternoon! In my new role I have to focus on all forthcoming planned changes and ensure no conflictys occur which would affect services to our "customers" . Well, today exactly that occurred and I had to act as referee between the 2 teams doing their respective changes . I did what any good ref would do, and bottled it. So both changes go ahead as planned, but with one starting a bit later so that the affect of the first can be determined, plain common sense really. I bet it goes tits up though. Still at least I don't get the blame though because we have investigated the risk, assessed it and then they ignored it, but ultimately the teams decided to take the risk, all I did was advise them to stagger the changes .

Yawn, back to the studying then......I want to do this and get the degree, so that I no longer depend on The Company. Ultimately I would like to teach, adults or students preferably, and perhaps repay the Open University in some way. It is hard to get motivated, but lets just say there are certain people, who when I think of them, motivate me anyway. One friend is very good and a real inspiration to me, who drove me to do this in a nice way (you know who you are, take your bow Mackem-ite), the others are some wankers who I don't want to have to work with, or for, forever. The thought of being free to fuck off and do something else, even for less money, but ultimately challenging and rewarding is what drives me. Not for me, the corporate cock sucking route to an early grave!

There, now I'm motivated to study.....Jack

No comments: