Wednesday, March 10, 2004

I guess this probably thinks its 3 in the morning :-( Anyway, just a brief one for now. Whatever I said about work must have been spotted because today has been hectic (well in comparison the last 3 weeks), so any further rubbish will have to be spouted tonight. Well.....the assignment has started badly. I have all the ideas, but putting them down into some sort of understandable and coherent essay seems to be escaping me. Perhaps after some Guinness and/or wine on Friday night I might get some inspiration. I can't have too much because I have a game of golf on Saturday morning - yep thats how dull I am! I would never have thought all those years ago when I was a gob-shite teenage punk/hippy/rocker, and a smart arse 20something new romantic/hippy/rocker that I would succumb to this apparent game of the middle classes. However if you think golf is a middle class game then perhaps you're the stupid ones not me. Most of my mates who play are normal geezers, with normal jobs, fears and aspirations. We just happen to be a bit grumpy with it!

Yes, I watched the game. I tried not to, but as the assignment was going badly I found myself creeping into the bedroom to watch it covertly. We drew 0-0 for those who care, but it was fucking painful. We were dull, boring, uninspired but uttlerly professional. Sometimes, just sometimes it would be nice to see them really dish out a thumping to someone. All the fuss on 5 Live was about the Glory Hunters and their dismal failure last night. The thing is I quite like United when they're struggling, it's Arsenal I hate. Christ, the idea of meeting them in the next round, or God forbid the final does fill me with dread.



No comments: