Saturday, June 19, 2004

A Quickie

I thought we played shit against the Swiss, but at least the result was right for us. However, unlike the press I will not get carried away with the idea that we can win this tournament - we are distinctly average and if we meet Sweden, France or Italy I think they'd all roll over us. If we get past Croatia then perhaps we can improve as the tournament goes on, but our previous history doesn't really back the view that we can win.

Gary Mann, the idiot firefighter convicted in Portugal is set free by Uxbridge magistrates on bail and seems unlikely to serve his sentence of 2 years. Seems my "anonymous" comment poster was right about wishy washy judges because this stinks. Great, so now he can go and get pissed and start a ruck in a pub in this country. No wonder this country is going downhill when we overturn decisions made in a democratic country with similar laws to ourselves. All of this despite independent English witnesses who pointed the finger at him in court.

Anyway, I'm just off to rob the local bank, doesn't matter if I get caught because with the right judge I'll probably get a commendation!

Later, Grocerjack

No comments: