Thursday, June 10, 2004

Call that choice?

Popped into the voting booth tonight. What a choice, vote for New Nanny labour - nope, they need a rocket up their arse. Vote for "Howards Way - We don't quite know what to think of Europe" Tories - I'd rather eat a freshly laid dog turd. UKIP - racism dressed as patriotism - if this lot ever get in I'm off to live in the United Sates of Europe, with lower interest rates, better life style, more sun etc etc. Nah, I like a single malt and so does Charlie Kennedy apparently, plus he seems a decent bloke, so the Lib Dems got my local and Europe vote. Not much of a choice, but I still hold with the view that a crap choice is better than none, and my guess is most others, especially those who have lived under dictatorships would agree.

Assignement news - I have managed to write 1456 words so far! Only about 500 to go to be in or around the required 2000 word mark. Sometimes I amaze myself.

Fancy being outraged? Read this Telegraph article and tell me this isn't the sign of a society gone fucking mad. If I was this bloke I would sue the police. As far as I can see he was merely carrying out the same effect as a speed camera. How the fuck can the police and magistrates call this an offence? The offence is that this sort of utterly fucked up collage of bollocks is completely allowed in the so called great country of ours. If this doesn't convince you of the fact that speeding arrests are a revenue raising exercise then nothing will. As Littlejohn might say (fat wanker though he is)..you couldn't make it up.

Later, Grocerjack

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The plea by police/councils re cameras etc is being eroded by cases like this. They are proven not to save lives and lets be honest the only time most people do the speed limit along roads with cameras is the length of time it takes one to get to the end of the zone..then you speed up..except some members of the public who insist of dropping 10 mph even though they are going under the speed limit to start with! It is to collect revenue only. And for heaven's sake why the driving ban? What exactly has been achieved here. There are far more idiots on the road who should be banned from driving.

crox said...

I have to agree with you about the polls, however there was an interesting article in our local rag yesterday. A public meeting was arranged with the various parties represented to give the public their chance to question the parties policies. Because their was a BNP representetive present the Libs, cons and Labs refused to share the stage with him and promplty left the meeting. Now I'm no supporter of the racist BNP but I do believe in democracy. Anyway the LD's,C's, and L's reconvened their meeting in the pub across the road - ah good old British Politics!