Monday, June 28, 2004

A bad week continues…….grumpy as hell

Although the week wasn’t that bad for me apart from the Sven disaster, my friend The Major and The Major’s Wife had a very bad week. The Majors Wife had a close friend who died suddenly and the funeral was last Tuesday. She was very distraught, as most of us would be at the death of anyone close, related or not. On Wednesday she went into work and was made redundant on the spot – no notice, fuck all. So confidence slid alarmingly. On Friday The Major went in to work……yeah you guessed it…only to be made redundant with no notice. What a shitty week for them. Of course as friends we are all trying to help, and Frankly The Major seems quite matter of fact about his loss of job as he was expected to work ludicrous hours for little pay and virtually no holiday. In a way he sees it as a bit of an opportunity to get a new start. I wonder if I could deal with something like this so dispassionately…..could I bollocks!

Today I received an email from the company I bought Theme Park Tickets from. A year ago we booked for the holiday in Florida, the one off for the kids that you’re almost obliged to do at some point. We got a great deal on the villa and booked 3 weeks in August. Then the email arrived – the company selling the Theme tickets has gone into administration….fucking joy! £1200 may well be down the pan. I bought them on May 24th, so all we can hope for is that the credit card will cover us via insurance. It has shaken my faith in Internet Shopping big time, and after all the re-orgs at work, the cuts in money by loss of standby, and GMD’s contract in London finally finishing we could do without potentially lobbing £1200 into some crooked bastards pocket. As you may gather this has made me very fucking annoyed…watch this space to see if I can put enough rockets up arses to not be out of pocket. So, plenty of diplomacy required then…..perhaps GMD should do it then!

So, the US hands power to Iraq two days early then. How about 6 months too late! I, like a lot of people am tiring of the daily stories of death and destruction emanating from Iraq and if this belated gesture helps bring the violence to an end (although I doubt it) then that can only be for the good.

No sleep, bad emails, sad friends, shite weather, study backlog, stroppy daughter (more on Teenager later)….no wonder today feels rather bleak


Later, Grocerjack

No comments: