Thursday, June 03, 2004

Its ...Oh so quiet....

Yep, its been a good week, batteries are fully recharged. The house has been deadly quiet, I've kept it tidy and my studies are almost back on schedule (with a few skipped corners.....natch). Things is when it's like this my whole demeanour just settles down and so I have not posted. Although this may be partly due to the copious amounts of Guinness drunk each night!! My golf has also improved from Spain, with a course ripping 92 (well ripping for me - a net 4 under par after the handicap)at The Meon Valley Country Club (or The Marriott as it really is) and a 95 on my home course which is even par. Encouraging, and maybe to do with the fact I have been so relaxed this week. Of course normal chaos returns tomorrow and this weekend we have been invited to barbecues on both days.

A quick thought though........wouldn't it be great if we all stopped buying petrol and diesel for a few days and refused to travel to work on the basis that we couldn't afford it. I'm totally in favour of civil disobedience over this kind of thing. The French have done it for years because they still have balls whilst we lie on our backs and let the government and the big corporations shaft us. And don't even get me on the Nannying over obesity. Yep, we'll eat organic, healthy food when it's as cheap to buy and easy to get hold of as crap fast food. At the moment that choice is limited, we have less hours in the day to ourselves, no local stores any more, so daily shopping for fresh stuff doesn't appear viable. Again, go to France, where food is taken seriously - most supermarkets have 1 aisle for frozen food, all the rest is fresh. They shop each day because they have shops with fresh and cheap food, and they don't work 14 hour days because it is seen as something honourable, it is part of their culture, they take eating seriously, and they make it a family occasion. When was the last time most of us sat down and ate as a family?

Later, Grocerjack

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jack

stick with the new background on the blog site....much better! it was a bit like falling into a black hole before??? glad you've had such a chilled week and made the most of the time on your own.

sorry i haven't been in touch, but life and things in general have been full on lately, so have only been able to skim over stuff on the site. would be great to catch up with you soon?

lol
Policeman's daughter...XXXX

ttt said...

I look forward to it! Will write soon....

Mick said...

Yeah this template is better, the other was to hard to read. I don't like the new blogger comments though, I have changed templates on my other IT / networking blog and I cant get the Haloscan comments to work so I'm having to use the blogger system aswell.