Thursday, June 24, 2004

Auf Wiedersehen Deutschland....

So, farewell then Germany. They played to the same game plan as Italy did when they failed to qualify, and the same game plan England used unsuccessfully against France - i.e protect a one goal lead. Too risky and the price was paid. So, thats 3 big names out at the Group stage and tonight is Englands big night. I was torn over this. On one hand do I treat it like a Chelsea game and isolate myself from the world, or do I invite my friends over and go through the unfurling drama with them? In essence my Chelsea policy remains sacred, and so I have decided to watch the game with a few mates and some beers. It will be agony. There may be some ecstasy. If it comes down to penalties then I will wear my "I can't hear you la la la " hat and wander off to the fields near my house. Penalty shoot outs must be endured in an isolated place both blind from the action, and deafened to the ambient noise of cheers or groans. I have adopted this policy 3 times for England now, and we have lost on all 3 occasions, surely it must work at some point?

The GoGB now has an academy and now offers the following development opportunities for the fairer sex

Training courses now available for women:-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

1. Silence, the Final Frontier: Where no Woman has gone before.
2. The Undiscovered side of banking: Making Deposits
3. Combating the Imelda Marcos Syndrome: You Don't Need New Shoes Everyday.
4. Parties: Going without new outfits
5. Man Management: Discover how household chores can wait until after the game.
6. Bathroom Etiquette 1: Men need Space in the Bathroom cabinet too
7. Bathroom Etiquette 2: His razor is His
8. Communication Skills 1: Tears - The last resort, not the first
9. Communication Skills 2: Thinking before speaking
10. Communication Skills 3: Getting What you Want, Without Nagging
11. Driving a car Safely: A skill you CAN acquire
12. Party Etiquette: Drinking your fair share
13. Telephone Skills: How to hang up
14. Introduction to Parking
15. Introduction to Petrol
16. Advanced Parking: Reversing into a space
17. Advanced Petrol: How to take the filler cap off
18. Water retention: Fact or Fat
19. Cooking 1: Bran and Tofu are Not for Human Consumption
20. Cooking 2: How Not to Inflict Your Diet on other people
21. PMT: Your Problem...Not His
22. Dancing: Sober Men Don't Like To
23. Sex - It's for the Married Couple too
24. Classic Clothing: Wearing Clothes you already have
25. Household Dust: A Harmless Natural Occurrence only Women notice

Later, Grocerjack

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Umm, so tell me when did you first notice this desire for a shorter life span than we will allow the average man? Though to my shame I do agree with some of the comments! Rgds, Den