Friday, June 11, 2004

I'm off to the pub....

You know how quite things were the other week when GMD, Teenager and Baby were on Sunny Tropical Island for a week. Well last weekend was a return to normalish chaos, but tonight has exploded into anarchy. GMD and The Kings Wife were chatting in our kitchen this afternoon, hence the obligatory wine bottle was opened. Only I think it ws more than a bottle. I was called four times on the way home with varying instructions on what to pick up (unfortunately, young, gorgeous,latin bird wasn't amongst them). I duly did this but instantly new that things were a bit socially relaxed by the tone of GMD's voice. No problem, she works hard and she deserves a little bit of quality time to relax. When I got home, to my horror I had forgotten the Virgin Vie party. For the uninitiated this is a piss up where they try and buy make up - a sort of Avon for the 21st Century. But...not only is my house full of laughing, slightly drunk women...but their kids are all here as well...upstairs in the kids romms. There are around 12 of them NOT including Teenager and Baby. In Room 1 (Baby's) we have the under 10's (incl) playing Busted as loud as posible, with Friends on the TV in the background - all girls. In Room 2 we have the over 11's, giggling and sqealing, playing Emin-fucking-em, 50-fucking-Cent and associated other bollocks to the dulcet background of mobiles receiving texts and photos....from each other - again all girls! Room 3 (the lounge) is now full of cackling,laughing, drinking women. I am the only testosterone carrier in the near vicinity.

Overall my house is now a candidate from Room 101.

I need some Guinness and quick.......have a good weekend....

Later, Grocerjack

No comments: