Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Teenager........where are you?

She may be the bane of my life, but after 4 days of being apart I'm missing my duels with Teenager. Don't tell her that though!

Well, back to work, albeit from home today. It is something I can't excited about anymore. It would appear that I am missing the stress and daily arse kickings of me previous role. My option now is to use this boredom to concentrate more on the degree, although the latest book on animal rights is as dull as ditchwater now. It just seems to be one long tirade on how to read stuff and then write it. My plan for this assignment is to "skim read" the text, read the question and concentrate on the sections relating purely to that. From what I gather this is how most students work anyway! Being told how to read and write is like teaching your Grandmother to suck eggs (if anyone knows what this statement means or how it was derived then let me know!).

Tonight is the big one. After the stress free weekend, watching us beat Spurs (again) and England wipe the cricketing floor with the West Indies, tonight is Chelsea versus Arsenal.

At Arsenal.

Needless to say, I will not be watching, listening or wearing any Chelsea related shirts or clothing. I am thinking of betting on Arsenal to win, which should put the kiss of death on any of their ambitions tonight. Actually after their defeat at the hands of Manchester United on Saturday, I have a feeling we might just cop the backlash. Still expect the worst and you never know what might happen. Good Luck Chelsea.

Still no sore throat. Fingers still crossed......


More later perhaps, Grocerjack

No comments: