Friday, April 30, 2004

Rain Rain Go Away

The forecast for next week has improved, as I thought it would. We are now at the mix of cloud and sunny spells stage, with highs of around 19 degrees, which is very acceptable. In fact last year it rained every day, but only at night. It seems that most of the rain in Spain does hit the centre and northern parts a bit more regularly. I hadn't really noted how close the southern coast was to Africa, but then Geography was never my strong point.

Mind you it is pssing down here today, which means golf is likely to be off later. Myself and The King had hoped for a last practice round before we went, plus I have just got my first choice driver back from having a stiffer shaft fitted and had hoped to try it out. Oh well, looks like I'll have to take both drivers, just to cover all bases. It is pretty shocking service from Ping (the makers of the club). I sent it to them on March 13th, via my local club. I got it back yesterday! 47 days to re-fit a new shaft. The thing is that Ping insist on this and don't allow club pro's to carry out repairs in their name, or on their behalf. Some sort of delusion about providing a Rolls Royce service, and paranoia about counterfeiting. Well Ping , the service this time was closer to that of Lada than RR. If you insist on providing repairs/upgrades at your UK HQ, then your turn around has to be much faster than this. I will be writing to a Golf magazine to highlight this. Great Clubs - shite service!

A few points.

Chicken Gooner - so sorry for your bad news. I'm always around if required.

Read Croxy's latest but one posting, from the link on this page. The story of the 57 year old man held at immigration in the US for an unpaid bill in a DIFFERENT country is outrageous. The US is now out of control, and we should boycott visiting the place. I know I'm going in the summer, but it has cost a lot and is a ONE-OFF. To treat the citizens of its alleged closest ally in this way is a disgrace, and the new £75 visa (per person per year) proposal will severely dent peoples desires to visit them. All in all their tourist industry will suffer badly from Europeans going elsewhere as a whole - good, they deserve it.

As for the soldiers who took photos of naked Iraqi prisoners, simulating blow jobs etc. Thanks - thanks for destroying the moral high ground, which was at least a redeeming feature of the continuing presence. I know the yanks don't understand this word - but they are Wankers. Somehow, I don't imagine British soldiers doing the same. Or perhasp they just aren't stupid enough to get caught.

Finally, what will all of the thousands of Michael Jackson fans showing their support for him do, if he is found guilty? Will they hear the cheerful noise of the Humble Pie lorry as it pulls up outside their houses ready to deliver them a big slice! Or will they try and justify it by his apparent traumatic childhood. I watch with interest.....

Oh, and the driver of the car that hit the pub last week? He was drunk. 'Nuff said.

Later, Grocerjack


No comments: