Sunday, April 25, 2004

So farewell then.....

...Fuckwit, you tried, but at the end of the day (cliche) you weren't up to it. I watched us play today, we played well but lost. The players seem to have lost belief in themselves and only good leadership can bring it back. Fuckwit is a nice guy, polite, always willing to face the media, but tactically he does not have the right brain. Today, in my view , has sealed his fate.

Last night was Dad's Night Out. It was a stunning success, made better by the fact that we did not break off for food. So the conversation flowed, the piss taking was cruel, wicked and very funny. SmallSykes did well to take a lot of stick, he deserves a medal for last night. BigSykes brought his brother along and I think he enjoyed himself. The Lone Ranger was also on top form last night and Strings as well. A top night out. My head hurts today, but then large quantities of the black stuff were consumed last night, but hey its worth it.

Due to the haadache my creative skills are blunted today, however yesterday we had Teenagers boy "friends" around. She was obnoxious , loud mouthed and rude. DC is not happy, neither am I. I think some attitude adjustment is necessary very shortly. She needs reigning in now before it becomes habit.

Sad news as well. On Friday night a car hit the side of the pub at about 1 in the morning. Allegedly it was doing 100mph. Of the 4 occupants 2 survived, 2 died. The 2 dead people were in the back of the car, so I'm led to believe. The Governor was obviously woken by the nose, and he found the debris. He called the police and ambulance to the scene. One of the dead was a waitress in that very pub, a young girl out celebrating her 18th birthday. I can't imagine how the Governor must have felt finding a member of his staff like that. I'm not sure I can picture the girl, but no doubt she has served me at some time with food. This scares the crap out of me. All I can think of is "what if it was Teenager?". I have been there, driven fast to show off when younger, but it seems to me today that we are fundamentally making it too easy for youngsters to own cars. I have no solution, but to me this is a tragic waste. Again, if there is a God, and I'm lucky enough to be allowed in, then I'm gonna be having some very difficult philosophical conversations with him about why he allows things like this to happen.

Later , Grocerjack

No comments: