Monday, April 26, 2004

It's a conspiracy....

On the long range weather forecast for Malaga, it is sunny this week, with rain setting in Sunday - the very day I arrive for my golf week. How fucking unfair is that? If it ends up like my recent trip to Devon then I'm giving up the game. We chose Spain, so that we would have a better than average chance of good weather, but now it looks like it might be better off staying here. I might be jumping the gun here, but it has really pissed me off to see that. All I can hope for is the slim chance that the long range (i.e 10 day) forecast is purely a stab in the dark on the meteorologists part. The company that we booked through have confirmed that we have a room for the last day plus the free round of golf we asked for in compensation for the bollocks flights we ended up with. I suppose that is a small bonus. I just want some more of the weather we had this weekend.

I drove past the pub yesterday, and as is becoming the tradition here, a shrine is being developed for the victims of the crash in the form of dozens of bouquets of flowers. I was right, the dead teenagers were in the back seat of the car. It appears the front seat passenger and driver received only minor injuries. The police have launched an investigation which means that they must believe it was more than an accident. The pub has received structural damage in that the Restaurant wall is severely cracked and I gather this part of the pub might have to remain closed. Again, this appears to back up the view that they were travelling at a very high speed. The pub is on a minor road and this part of it is actually on a sharp-ish bend. The rumour is that the driver will be charged with some ofence which only seems right. Cars don't leave the road early in the morning unless something has gone horribly wrong with the mechanics or if something is horribly wrong with the driver. I might be pre-empting things here, but my suspicion, as with most people in the village is with the driver.

Oh, and on a much happier note today is Baby's birthday. She is 9, so I don't think I'll be able to use the "Baby" tag much more. But to see her bright smiling face when she woke up has brightened up this Monday, irrespective of Spanish weather forecasts. Halfway through the most expensive time of the year and I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Tomorrow is mine and DC's wedding anniversary - 8 years...where the fuck did they go, and can I have them back please? Only Teenagers birthday to go and the credit cards can rest until the BIG holiday to Florida in August. Barely time for them to recover really......

Later , Grocerjack.

No comments: