Monday, May 17, 2004

Where did that weekend go?

Bloody hell I’m fucked………

That weekend zipped by in the blink of an eye. I don’t feel I have stopped for a minute. Friday night was pub night as usual. The atmosphere was good, except that Medallion Man was somewhat quiet. Subtle enquiries revealed that he had split from his girlfriend, unwillingly by all accounts. His girlfriend Miss Sarajevo is from Eastern Europe and …well lets just say that like most east Europeans she is rather direct. Fiery would certainly be an apt description. It’s strange and quite disconcerting to see someone like Medallion Man, normally so extrovert and loud, in such a sullen mood. I hope they either get back together or he resumes his normal obnoxious and gobby rantings soon. I don’t think I can cope with Morose Medallion Man!

Saturday was the inaugural barbecue, by that I mean the first family barbecue of the year, this year hosted by MiddleSis and SmallSykes at their house. I love the way the sun brings everyone’s mood up and this was very much the case, as everyone ate and drank too much. We were graced with presence of The Grand Master and Raptor to give the event a royal presence. The boys beat Leeds 1-0 and so this was a good day. We walked back late in the evening, slightly drunk, slightly burnt and very content.

Sunday we went to the seaside, as we are only 20 minutes from the coast. I love the seaside, its great for watching people. All walks of life are on show on sunny days. My favourites were the old man with very long shorts, and incredibly long socks. A complete fashion disaster! And why wear shorts with halfway up the thighs socks? Doesn’t that negate the whole purpose? He was closely followed by the Muslim family having a picnic. The men, of course, in shirts and jeans, the women if full Muslim top to toe regalia. Just a slit in the burkha for them to see through. They must have been boiling, and a bit ripe in that outfit!.

Just watching the ships leave the harbour made me feel a pang for not visiting my beloved France this year. I could have boarded any of them happily. Anyway in the afternoon we were visited by Bob6 and his family. Now, whatever I have said about Bob6 in previous posts he is still my mate and so we sat down and enjoyed a copious amount of Sangria during the afternoon. Weekends should always be sunny – it should be obligatory!

I have just seen the England squad for Euro 2004. It is good to see 4 Chelsea players in there, especially Joe Cole, who is rapidly becoming my favourite player. However, what the fuck Sven is doing by including that carthorse Emile Heskey is beyond me. He has 45 caps for England as a striker – he has scored 5 goals in that time. Is it just me or can others see the paradox here? 45 games – 5 goals. He must have something on Sven that’s all I can think of. Jermaine Defoe from Spurs is banging in goals right, left and centre, but he can’t get in and we have to watch as the Donkey that is Heskey plods around the field in his normal clueless and witless manner. We are in trouble if that’s the best we can pick.


Later, Grocerjack

No comments: