Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Lorry drivers…get out of my life….

A moan, straight from the top of the GoGB!

Every morning I drive the best part of my journey along the A34 from Winchester, where I pick it up. And every fucking day some lowlife, shitneck, wanker with the intellect of an amoeba HGV driver, or brain dead white van driver (although they are slightly less evil) decides to try and overtake one of his compatriots. The A34 is a dual carriageway, but with the normal Motorway speed limits. So Mr “I own the fucking road” Lorry Driver moves out into the outside lane, because some arsehole driver on a jolly outing decides to let them out. However, the Ministry of Crap Design has got there first and decided that all lorries will have a maximum speed and acceleration within 0.01 mile per hour of each other. So, Mr “I own the fucking road” Lorry Driver is doing 56.01mph, whilst the other idiot is doing 55.09 mph. This means that for 10 minutes the two lorries are vying for position because Mr “I own the fucking road” Lorry Driver is determined to win the duel, whilst the other prick is determined not to yield his minute advantage, as well as being too fucking stupid to ease off and let the other one pass.

Result = stalemate, plus two mile queue of frustrated drivers driving nose to tail at 55.08 mph and 6 inches apart!. And they call themselves professional drivers…don’t make me laugh!

Come my revolution and these knobheads will be restricted to travelling between midnight and 6 in the morning on Motorways and A-roads only, not through villages with localised fleets of electric powered white vans taking stuff to the point of delivery (a sort of nationalised white van courier) , the Supermarkets will have to plan their logistics better, the railways will be rebuilt to re-instate all the branch lines cut by Beeching, and increased to incorporate loads of light rail and monorail systems, the canal system massively upgraded to allow non-perishable freight to be carried to delivery sites. Oh yeah, and I’d make more use of air freight by increasing the number of out of town regional airports with strict noise limits. I agree this will be at huge cost to the taxpayer including (and especially) big business. But at least it’ll get the fucking lorries off the road and I’ll be able to drive to work without lumbering 44 ton environment killers and frustration creators blocking my route. And if that sounds selfish, fucking right it is!

I actually saw the “beheading video clip” the other day.Yes it is out there, still easily available on the net. This may seem like voyeurism, but I don’t believe in censorship for adults, and I’ll judge what I can and can’t see. It was shocking, truly brutally shocking, and callous beyond belief. Am I damaged by it? No – but it has made me more angry than I can believe. It has underpinned my view that these bastards should be summarily executed. No trial, no fairness, no publicity, just painful death and ignominious disposal (perhaps feeding the bodies to pigs, just as a final ironic twist). If anyone is in any doubt about the brutality, wickedness, pure evil of these people then this one video clip would soon change their mind. If people are de-sensitised to the violence spreading throughout the world then this is an instant cure. Suddenly I feel very aware that I’m not as hardened and dispassionate to such things as I was before. And that must be good because it is one more person who DOES give a shit.

Finally, Blogger has done some jazzy updates, which I might try and implement soon. It means I can also post from my mobile via email. This means my sanity can remain unthreatened when I'm on a course or holiday (because writing this stuff really DOES help). I'm still toying with getting it hosted so that I can start putting some pics up.....so any fellow bloggers with tips on the pros and cons...please drop me a line.

Later, Grocerjack

No comments: