Sunday, May 02, 2004

An Interlude.......

Final packing is almost complete. just the toothbrush and shaver to go in. Clubs are clean, shoes are new and passport is ready. I will be back on the 10th, but realisitcally probably won't be posting until the 11th. Anyway DC is happy with this, and sees it in its intended spirit. Her first comments were all based on me finding time to do this, but not tell her the things I post here. Then she read it and realised the things I post are the things we talk about. Anyway, all is well so postings will continue.

I see that our soldiers have also been a bit handy with the camera! I won't apologise for what I said about the yanks, but I will eat a slice from the Humble Pie lorry which has just pulled up. It would seem our guys can be just as fucking stupid as anyone else. Having said that, when you measure the "photo" crimes against what the Iraqi's did to our soldiers during the first Gulf War, or to the Kuwaiti's then it is a fairly minor indiscretion.

The boys gave Southampton a hiding yesterday by 4-0. Apparently Teenager's "boyfriend" Mini-Me is a Southampton fan. And he told Teenager that they would brush us aside. She went to a disco (police run) last night, so we printed a picture of Frank Lampard, who scored 2 of the goals, so she could walk up to Mini-Me, discreetly hand him the picture and say

"Here Mini-Me, have you seen this bloke. What d'ya reckon? I've heard he's a pretty handy player!". Apparently he was not very amused, but all of his friends were. That's my girl!

Oh , just one gripe. The weather forecast for here this weekend was

Rain
More rain
Thunder
Heavy rain
Wind


This is what we got

No rain
Absolutely no rain
Light cloud
glorious sunshine
20 degrees

So it is really just a stab in the dark sometimes from the Met Office.

Not much else to say, too excited now

Later, Grocerjack

No comments: