Monday, May 24, 2004

New Jack City!

No major post today because as you can see I've been fucking about with the look. Changing it around is a bit fiddly, so thanks for fuck all Blogger but sincere thanks to the Ministry of Crap Design for putting your Marque of Crapness on the user interface. Nice too know they're still around. After a bit of perseverance I liked this "darker" look the best and eventually got the links, site meter, guestbook link (please sign it someone!) and comments working. No more "trackback" option but then as far as I can make it out it was about as much good as one legged man in an arse kicking contest.


I actually worked hard today on the weekly forecast report, like anyone fucking reads it or takes notice of it. Strange things have happened in my absence last week and a meeting with my boss, The Mysterious M, has indicated that my current life of Riley is about to revert to a higher level of manicness and shite, for the same money no doubt. When it's official I shall of course keep the rest of you trapped wage-slaves informed. Must remember to write about the customer survey I did for 30 minutes (yes 30 fucking minutes!) for the Big Telephone Company. It defied belief.

Anyway comments are welcome on the new look or anything else your minds can muster.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Dear has someone died? LOL It is a little difficult to read, or is it my eyes? I am getting on you know. 37 in October!

Sally

Anonymous said...

Hi Jack - I was tempted to do the same but scared I would lose all the links. As its happened something weird has happened to my site - I've lost half my pics, and I cant't link from your site to mine, but it looks like you have the right url. I can link from RG's sight ok, can you sheck it out? Also change the name to Crox's blog, I think I only get golf nut visiting. I'll wait until you've ironed out all the bugs before changing template. Cheers

Anonymous said...

Jack it appears that any blogger site with www. in it won't connect. my address is http://crox.blogspot.com although using www didn't used to make any differnce this also applie to the link on your site to girl with a one track mind.

It may be that blogger is having problems

crox said...

Jack it appears that any blogger site with www. in it won't connect. my address is http://crox.blogspot.com although using www didn't used to make any differnce this also applie to the link on your site to girl with a one track mind.

It may be that blogger is having problems

Anonymous said...

There is a problem with blogs prefixed www, as croxy states. I have rectified all of these in my templates so all links should now work. I think Blogger has changed something internally - Ministry at work again! I have checked out all the functions and it works. Anyone linking to this site should re-write the URL as

http://grocerjack.blogspot.com

NOTE that the www is now missing!

Sal, 37? Not old! It'll just take time to get used to the new look