Thursday, October 07, 2004

Pass the Gun....

Once again I have eaten the stale mouldy bread of revision, 2 hours so far tonight, incessant hand writing of notes previously typed in - all in the vain hope that if I write enough shit down, some might actually stick. If I was revising the history of Chelsea, or Pink Floyd or maybe revising the various advantages of Denise Van Outen over talentless knobber bitch Davina McCall then maybe I'd be a bit more enthused, but no....tonight its all about Radical Darwinism (gene machines etc) and Cartesian Dualism. I like Philosophy and undoubtedly it's helped my argument technique in the pub/at a party no end, but revising it is as dull as a John Major speech. It's akin to the ironing...frankly I'd rather watch the suicidedepressionfest of Eastenders (even really depressed Londoners are more cheerful and less stupid than this lot), or re-runs of Up the Elephant and Round the Castle starring serial altruist and all round racial champion Jim Davidson than wade through the course again. Anything would be better than this. I have this incessant song going round and round my brain...altogether now ....

"Counting Flowers on the Wall, that don't bother me at all.....Playing Solitaire til dawn with a deck of 51....Smoking cigarettes and watching
Captain Kangaroo...now don't tell me...theres nothing to do"

Which sets the scene for this weeks quiz question ( a new feature ) ...what is the song and what well known film did it feature in? The prize.......a three hour DVD of Davina FuckallBrains greatest TV moments (side one includes her shouting at the camera for effect, side two contains........errr....footage of her shouting loudly at the camera) . Isn't that the sort of thing you might give a barking mad knobber of a neighbour who spies on you, but won't talk to you?

Not as much later as I thought, GrocerJacques-Jacques Livereau

No comments: