Wednesday, October 06, 2004

A Brief Moment of your time

Haloscan commenting and trackback have been added to this blog because I'm tired of the built in one provided by Blogger. I gave it a fair old go but frankly I think the fact that it requires a login, even if anonymous puts people off. They see the requester box and think "fuck it I can't be arsed"...either that or they think "boring twat ..ain't reading this again". Also it seems to me that Blogger have added certain....ahem...enhancements which have detracted from its original purity. Why do people have to fiddle and then pass it off as an improvement? In fact, I think Blogger did market this as New and Improved....which always makes me think when I see that on food or other stuff like washing powder that the original product must have been sub-standard in some way, or had been released onto the public in a lesser state than it could have been in order to release the better stuff later on. Cynical...moi? Still Microsoft have got away with that for years now.

Anyway the downside is that all previous comments appear lost, which is a shame unless someone knows how to retrieve them.

And yes...I am revising...and yes..it is dull...it is unpalatable....like eating regurgitated food.....I needed a break so decided to piss around with the blog.....OK? Right, so I'll just dash off back to the revising, await the "socially relaxed" return of GMD and I'll see you all later.

Much later, GrocerJack

No comments: