Monday, May 23, 2005

A Pox on Mondays....

Is there one redeeming feature about Mondays? I can't think of a single one. I never sleep well on Sunday nights because no matter how hard I fight it, my mind slips into corporate arse-lick mode as I start to ponder the "challenges" (aka shite jobs) that The Sandman et al will push my way. The Bespectacled Guru has already asked me to drill down on his new SMART objectives and to provide "input to group status". Wow-fucking-wee, I can hardly contain my excitement. Also, his nickname is too long, so for now I shall be cruel and name him after another very obvious attribute - The Stumbler. Yep, he can't speak without stumbling over words. Everything is along the lines of "Ahhh..Jack...ummmm......aaaah...right.......yes......let's see......can you...........aaaaaah......ummmmmmm......aaaaaaahhhh......"

I think you get the picture.

He is NOT a stammerer, just some one with a technically brilliant mind who, as is a familiar trait amongst the clever, stumbles over the simplest of normal sentences. It must be something to do with a cluttered mind. The problem for me is I am bursting at the seams to complete his sentences. In fact I did just that today, but think I got away with it. Am I the only one with this urge? Its like when you talk to someone with a squint, I always have an urge to move from side to side to ensure at least one of their eyes can see me. The other thing with squints is that when I look at people with this condition, especially if bad then my eyes water, as if coming out in sympathy with the mal-adjusted set staring back at me. Eventually I end up with a squint from looking at them - I wonder if their eyes become straight and its some form of self rectification system built into eyes?

Anyway, I digress, Mondays are an arse day unless they are Bank Holidays. I need to think of something I can associate to Mondays that might make them attractive enough to make an effort in anything I do instead of the lethargic and sloth-like attitude I currently have.

One more thing - my glands under my jaw have swollen up again. And for 6 days now, my mouth has felt permanently ...dry. Almost like a few layers of skin have been taken away from inside it.

Monday Disease perhaps?

Later, Grocerjack

No comments: