Thursday, May 19, 2005

Confused......

I finally sat down and watched the highly rated "Donnie Darko" last night.

Confused? You bet your arse. One of those films I need to watch again to even begin to understand what it was about. What I do know is that despite not understanding it anywhere near fully, I did find it compelling and not a little disturbing. And that interests me and challenges me. I am the type who generally goes for linear films with simple stories and a beginning, middle and end. My all time favourite film ever "Pulp Fiction" shattered my own illusions about what I really enjoy, with its non linear timeline and crossover stories. The fact is that I still like the simple stuff, but equally enjoy the weird or offbeat stuff as well. Donnie Darko fits firmly in both those categories.

I need to go and lie down in a darkened room to work out what I think I just watched.

Later, GrocerJack


No comments: