Friday, September 23, 2005

Scary fuckers


Last year on holiday in Florida we were right smack bang in the path of Hurricane Charley, itself a Cat 5 storm although nowhere near as big as Katrina and Rita. Being a Brit I had no idea what a real hurricane was like but it did confirm one thing - the great storm of 1987 was NOT a hurricane. I did the decent British thing as Charley approached and then went right through us.

I got pissed and video'd it!

Well, we're fucking hard us Brits ain't we!

Plus had I stayed sober it would have scared the living shit out of me even more and I'd have been role model Dad, trembling in the corner and sobbing the word "doomed...we're all doomed" in the style of a Cockney version of Private Fraser from Dads Army.


Even now when I look back at the video's, I just shake my head and think....what a fucking knob I was. Objects hurling down the street and over the villa, wind speeds of 150 miles and hour, horizontal rain that STUNG because of its speed.

All I can say is I hope Rita miraculously misses the population areas and the damage is minimal. Mind you, the evacuation has been better controlled.....nothing to do with Bush being a Texan i suppose?

Later, GrocerJack

No comments: