Monday, October 03, 2005

The Song in my head today is.....


Every day I have a song in my head. The source of this annoyance is not known because I'm a 5-Live man, which as you all know is a talkie station. A bit like a live version of The Guardian newspaper (even better in its top Berliner style format!). However, I digress, every day a song ends up in my head no matter if I've listened to any music. It's a strange phenomenon, but usually in more youthful times past there was a cause, usually that of the last song on the CD player/cassette or radio in the car. But now, well it just seems bizarre, and without any cause or link that I can make out.

I wonder if someone is trying to communicate with me in a non-corporeal way.

Music from the dead.

It's as good a theory as anything else. And much preferable to night time apparitions of decomposed bodies, or images of gruesome injuries indicating how they died. And ten times better than the bastard who stands menacingly in the corner of my bedroom from time to time emanating malevolence toward me at every level, and paralysing me in a semi-concious bowel loosening trance like state. Broken only by my forced scream to break the stupor of my condition.

Anyway since Friday the songs have been........

Friday : I Predict a Riot - Kaiser Chiefs (good)
Saturday : Goldfinger - Shirley Bassey (for fucks sake)
Sunday : Roll Away The Stone - Mott the Hoople ( a classic, but not when you're trying to sink a 10 foot putt!)

Today : Karma Chameleon - Culture Club (detestable song from a detestable bitter old queen)

Later, GrocerJack

PS Liverpool 1 - Chelsea 4 - one in the eye for those scouse dickheads. Well done the Chels!

No comments: