Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Racist fools and vacated Teenagers…..
 
Ok, so I’ve had a couple of days working from home because I’ve hd some stuff to do with Big Telephone Company and The Company Retail Store Section , or in other words the muppets who run our shops. So it made sense to work from home, save Diesel, save the environment. Unfortunately it isn’t conducive to creative thought and so it’s a struggle to think of stuff.
 
I was going to write about the programme on last week about the BNP, but it basically showed a bunch of fuckwits…….. dim, deeply stupid and inarticulate people with a penchant for violence, and the fact is I knew that’s what they were about anyway, as I guess do most normal people, whether left or right of the political fulcrum. I actually visited the websites of some of these groups (I won’t dignify them with any links from here) and they are deeply shocking, as shocking as footage of American hostages being beheaded. Their words spread hate on the basis of skin pigmentation and religious belief and are aimed at people’s irrational fears or unwitting ignorance and this shows a level of organisation beyond anything seen previously with such neo-fascist hate groups. Of course the danger is that programmes like this can be akin to recruitment promotions and attract similar types to join, but that is the price we pay for political freedom and no matter how I despise these fools and their associated groups (White Knights of Freedom, Aryan unity etc), we have to allow their extreme views to be aired. They show the almost seamless progression of right wing politics to its worst extremes.
 
Are the far left as bad? I struggle to think of such hate groups on the far left. In fact they seem rather tame sandal wearing, animal rights, and environmentalist, bleeding hearts liberal wet types who believe all property is theft and that everyone’s wages should go into a communal pot for re-distribution. Basket cases they might be but I doubt you’d ever hear their “standard issue kicking in your door” (thanks Roger, another great line). And yes, I  know there are Animal Rights terrorist groups out there, but as yet they haven’t killed anyone based on race, or started riots in poverty stricken areas, or beaten the fuck out of youngsters of a different colour on their way home from school. At least if their hateful, despicable views are aired they can be seen publicly for the idiots they are, but if suppressed they feed on fear and misplaced anger and that’s how they grow. Let them die on the flames of the fire bought on by the oxygen of their own publicity.
 
So I did write about them then. Doh!
 
What I had intended to write about was tonight’s superb programme on BBC2 called “Inventions that changed the World”, presented by the superbly imperious Jeremy Clarkson, a man who could present the dullest of subject and make me laugh.
 
Arrogant? Yes!
Smart-arse? No question!
Self satisfied? Undoubtedly!
Funny as fuck, honest and interesting? Abso-fucking-lutely!
 
It was all about the Jet Engine, which I suppose has shrunk the world and perhaps added to our cultural diversity that the aforementioned shitneck, interbred morons hate, but somehow I think my views on this great programme and invention can wait for another day.
 
One last note. Teenager and I have been clashing more and more lately. Huge phone bills, bad attitude, loud music, locked doors, bad language, sarcasm and cynicism don’t help, but hey I’m 42 and these are now fully ingrained traits! Actually, of course they are examples of Teenager of late. The mobile bill was £70 for fucks sake, nearly all in texts! And I work for the fucking company and so she gets a REDUCED fucking rate! On Sunday we clashed in the pub whilst at lunch all over some lippy answers to me in order to show how clever she was in front of friends. It was almost a public arse-smack of the near 10 variety. But she’s gone on school camp….and I fucking MISS HER. It’s too quiet, Baby is alone and bored……GMD is quietly worried coz she’s away from home……..how can I keep in touch with the latest shite tunes if they’re not being played LOUDLY and repeated “ad infinitum?”. My sparring partner has gone, and ………I’m lonely……..and bored. Teenager, please come home safely…let the hostilities resume. Now I know how Tom feels when Jerry is out of town.
 
Later, Grocerjack

2 comments:

Watski said...

Sounds like you need a visit from Channel 4's Super Nanny Jack, its all your fault you know.

You can console yourself while teenager is away with the fact that she'll doubtless be sending even more text messages while she's away from the fold.

Mick said...

That super nanny looks hot! Every time I see her I think she's into leather and whips.
On a slightly different note We've been trying some of her suggestions with our unruly 2 yr old, and I have to say she knows her onions.