Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Knobbers in cars....

So I'm driving to work this morning when a member of The Fucking Bastards (see my cast list for details) is driving his tractor along the road I use when leaving the village. This Knobber is travelling slow, even for a Dingle Tractor Driver, my guess is about 3mph or just barely above stall speed in my car. Just behind him about 6 inches or so is another knobber from The Fucking Bastards, a 20-ish male driver. He is driving a lime green , barely legal, battered old Peugot 106 and seems happy to be following Numbnuts Dingle at snails pace. I then decide to execute a perfectly legitimate manouvre generally known as OVERTAKING. Patently this is something yet to be experienced by Young Knobber, that is being the overtakee. Undoubtedly when he's showing off to Shazza or Trace he is often the overtaker, when he can find a straight enough road to get the half mile or so his motor would need to pass a motor mower. Anyway I am just gliding effortlessly past him and have my car about 3 feet in front on the opposite side of the two lane road (Christ I'm sounding like a copper now...at least I haven't said "the vehicle was proceeding..."). when Young Knobber decides to also overtake Numbnuts Dingle. Yep, straight into the side of my car. Wanker. I pulled over and the details have been swapped and he knew he'd done wrong. Didn't make the start of my day any better though did it? Anyway, the damge is from the front wheel arch all along the car to the back wheel arch, nicely dented, scratched and gouged. Mirror shatter and in pieces, indicator bulb on front panel now lying on the roadside somewhere. Around £2k if my estimate is right. Twat.

The moral? Chill out, avoid Numbnut Dingle Tractor drivers (in league with lorry drivers if you ask me), and always, always assume that Young Knobbers are clueless, witless, shitnecks who you wouldn't trust to run a bath , let alone drive a car. I will from now on....

Later, GrumpyGrocerJack

3 comments:

Mick Flynn Images said...

Just wait until 'Young Knobbers' insurance company informs you that their client was waiting to turn right when you ran into him whilst trying to overtake.
If he's insured that is.

"Dingle Tractor drivers (in league with lorry drivers if you ask me),"

Humph!

Suzy Snow said...

I'm sure that our laws state that if you pull out and run into someone overtaking you, or if you turn left (right over there) and run into someone that is overtaking you, then it's your fault. Apparently, you are supposed to check beside and behind before you pull out to make sure the way is clear. Hopefully it will be the same there and the young knob's insurance company will pay for the damage. Funny (well not really) but I was almost run into yesterday as well. It must be something in the atmosphere this week.

Suzy Snow said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.