Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Work not good for blood pressure shock!


Another thing about this new role is The Master (pictured) keeps on making new demands on what he wants done. Fine as long as you're given the chance to finish something else off first. We have 4 major projects on the go that we're involved in as a team, plus I'm doing a presentation to several hundred people in just 2 weeks, alongside trying to get 3 of new team into higher pay bands.

I ain't used to this! I've been in a soporific job for 3 years and this sudden ramp up in expectation and workload is a bloody shock to the system

Hence, on Saturday morning at my usual game of golf, a pursuit designed to make you switch off from work, I was so wrapped up in thinking about my presentation, the business case for the pay bands and the fact that 2 of the team have decided to leave for pastures new that I smashed my 3-iron into the side of my golf bag halfway down the second hole in frustration at what had been my umpteenth shite shot.

A quick shake of the hands to The King and The Major's Son and I stormed off. 30 minutes of rage induced driving to nowhere finished with me eating a pile of E numbers in the form a MacDonalds breakfast, before coming home to take it out on HellsBells and LittleSis (who had stayed over),

I hereby apologise to both of them publicly for what I can only describe as a blood pressure moment. A fuse blew somewhere and all I can point at is work.

It will not happen again. Some Spock like logic will now be applied and any rants will be extinguished internally. At least that's the aim.....

Later Grocerjack

No comments: