Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A Challenge

Every week the team will now give me a phrase or buzzword which I have to slip into the weekly management meeting. The one who makes the suggestion will donate £1 if I manage to get it into the meeting. If I fail then I donate £1. It's silly isn't it! This week the phrase was one immortalised by Alan Partridge....."Back of the net".

Too easy by half, but it appears the tricksters in my team are already thinking up more fiendish phrases that sound like MGBT (see posts passim). Could it be "drop this into he Thought Tombola" next week? Watch this space as I attempt to bamboozle the Stepford Managers in the F Band Plus Club with some utterly made up MGBT and see if they spot the charade or whether they think I'm serious. I wonder how many of the faux-MGBT phrases actually get to be in common use.

Any of your suggestions are also most welcome.

Later, Grocerjack

5 comments:

Foxsden said...

Hell yeah.. bit of buzzword bingo never goes a miss...

"low hanging fruit" is always a winner as is "lets have a thought jacuzzi"

If you want to deviate and go a bit more Alan go out on a limb and shout "STICK A FORK IN ME"

I really wanna be in your meeting

Foxsden said...

Ooh ooh.. 'salami tactics'

Anonymous said...

How about "The helicopter view" or "Get our ducks in a row"?

ttt said...

Challenge accepted - thanks to both of you!

Foxsden said...

Helicopter view - thats a good one, I haven't heard that which is nigh on a miracle when I've worked for local government (world of anagrams and buzzwords) for 5 years. I thought I'd heard them all.