Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Seriously.......

Over to Strings place last night for some remedial work on my bike, which I have resolved toi use more in order to get some exerceise and remove myself from the prison cell of my car. I live ina village and really there's no reason not to use the bike more.

We chat for a while and the subject of Live 8 comes up, us both being big music fans.

"....I liked Pink Floyd....." says Strings......." but Comfortably Numb was slightly ruined by one thing..."

"Oh yeah..." says I"...what would that be then...." slightly indignant that anyone has the temerity to criticise these masters of stagecraft and musicianship.

"Well......." he continued whilst twiddling with various nuts and bolts on the bike".....Mrs Strings came in halfway through and said ...."this is good....who is it?"........"

"Why it's Pink Floyd" he replied to his beloved
" Oh......."she replies "...well why are they performing a Scissor Sisters song then?"

*groans in pain*
**sighs with sadness that this is how a new generation would have thought of this**
***smiles, because its a great story which will last me for years***

Later, Grocerjack

No comments: