Thursday, December 02, 2004

Come back soon.....

Last night saw the end of The L Word...........thats Wednesday nights buggered then.

And yes I did watch for the obvious reasons but to my surprise it was also a quality drama series, and all the more surprising because it pulled no punches, with the storylines, the language or the ....ahem....action. I thought all US TV was sanitised, but this one , like The Sopranos and Six Feet Under seem to be breaking the mould. Either that or they're hidden away on super encrypted channels at four in the morning.

A felow blogger Watski wrote an excellent piece on the shiteness that is Elton John, and I saw a bit of the bollocks Ivor Novello programme on Saturday night. There is nothing else for me to say except that Sir Elt is becoming one of my prime hate figures. I have liked his music in the past, but what happened to dignity? Does he continually have to ram his gayness down our throats (I'm sure he'd be giggling like a schoolboy at that one). Does he think that his tantrums and swearing on live radio outbursts endear him to the "yoof of 2day". Are we supposed to laugh at his "outrageous" costumes (didn't Danny La Rue do that for a living?). Has no-one told him that how daft his syrups are? But even sadder is the fact that he can't write songs anymore, they all sound like re-hashes of his old stuff .....but without the quality. Sorry Elton, it's time to call it a day and retire to the "nostalgia" circuit.

Some more tonight, GrocerJack


No comments: