Monday, August 22, 2005

Return of The Jack

Christ what a piss poor title, but it just appealed at the time. Anyway, after my 3 week plus sojourn to the South of France, I'm back, refreshed and rejuvenated.

Or so you'd think.

Somehow, when driving home on Friday the mood went from one of "great holiday, lovely break" to "shit, back to the daily drudgery of normal life". And that feeling grew greater over the weekend as I realised that once again I would see my family in the evenings only and at weekends, instead of every day. The time spent with Teenager and Baby has been most precious and enjoyable of all. It's almost like I got to know them all over again and each day I was left smiling like a demented Bonnie Langford at the sheer joy of being near them and sharing their fun.

So, the mood is down, but undoubtedly will improve as time goes on. Things to tell you about will follow as and when time allows but some headlines

1.) Why driving down on the first weekend of August is not a good thing to do in France
2.) Why women should not try and read maps
3.) Teenager experiencing being hunted by other boys, and ...errrr.....loving it
4.) Buying a mobile home
5.) Crap books
6.) Baby overcoming her fear of the Sea
7.) Dutch/German/French camper van population explosion
8.) Near forest fire, and how they start
9.) Jailbait (a warning for other members of the GoGB)

and more as I recall it ...........

Later, GrocerJack

No comments: